Written By Team CFI
Investment banking is amongst the most popular terms in the financial sector. Many seasoned professionals and graduates nowadays aspire to work as investment bankers. It is one of the most difficult, lucrative, and well-paid careers on the planet.
Recruiters are picky and choosy in selecting the top talent because there are so many people striving to be Investment Bankers and so few jobs available. It makes it more difficult for newcomers to break into this high-profile industry.
However, once you have an inquisitive mind and a strong desire to work in Investment Banking, you can succeed with the correct education and knowledge.
To know more about Investment banking courses in India click here
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate (B Com / BBA / BA Economics / Statistics) or other equivalent qualification. Many banks also accept graduates in other disciplines as well
- MBA or equivalent is a desired qualification, MBA / CA / CFA candidates get a faster growth to in this field than a graduate
- Candidates should be capable of working with limited guidance in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Excellent networking and communication abilities are required to grow in this field
- Excellent research, quantitative, and analytical skills, particularly when it comes to interpreting market occurrences
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent financial analysis and financial modeling abilities
Take our Investment Banking Course Online right now to help guarantee you possess the skills required for the job!
OPTIONS FOR BEGINNING IN INVESTMENT BANKING
- NETWORKING IS A KEY
Finding the proper individual to contact and approaching him directly is the easiest technique to get your application acknowledged in Investment Banking. To capture the relevant eyes, it is essential to mention all of the main topics in the mail body or cover letter when preparing a job application.
In most cases, you should contact Associates level IB professionals directly, as they are more important in the hiring process than HRs in the Investment Banking field.
- GET AN INVESTMENT BANKING INTERNSHIP
Try to get an Investment Banking or relevant finance internship during or after your Graduation / PG as an internship helps candidates a lot in getting a full-time offer. An internship make your CV more impressive and indicates your desire to work in that industry
- ANALYST PROGRAMS ARE THE BEST ENTRY POINTS
Most of the major investment banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and others) hold Analysts programs. You can participate in these programs and demonstrate your interest in IB to the business. All these bulge bracket banks have career sections where you can find these Analysts programs
- ESTABLISH LINKS
Making relationships and networking are crucial aspects of the profession. Connections with Investment Bankers or corporations can assist you in obtaining a high-profile career in Investment Banking
- ENROLL IN AN INVESTMENT BANKING PROGRAM.
Numerous institutes assist candidates in learning the fundamentals of investment banking. They assist candidates from the start of understanding the intricacies of Investment Banking to land a high-profile job in the same field.
You can check our Investment Banking Course in Delhi in case you are interested to start your Investment Banking Career.